INTERNAL JOB POSTING - ONLY OPEN TO CURRENT MEMBERS OF THE MTA POLICE DEPARTMENT
Job Title:Request for Consideration – Police Officer, Emergency Services Unit
Dept/Div:Emergency Services Unit/Special Operations Division
Supervisor:Commanding Officer, Special Operations Division
Location:Various assigned locations
Hours:Assigned to the patrol schedule
The Department is seeking qualified members from the rank of Police Officer who are interested in being assigned to the Emergency Service Unit.
The mission of the Emergency Services Unit is to utilize specialized training and expertise to support the MTA PD patrol function by handling major incidents beyond the scope of the uniform patrol officer.
The specialized training of officers in the Emergency Services Unit is specific to their mission in public transportation, thus the officers are better suited to facilitate the timely recovery of the operations of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
Interested members must possess the following qualifications/requirements to be considered for the ESU Physical Agility Examination scheduled to be held on Tuesday, October 10, 2023:
- Successfully complete their probationary period and have at least three (3) years of service with the MTA Police Department.
- Possess a sincere interest in the work of the Emergency Service Unit.
- Complete an Emergency Service Unit Exam Questionnaire.
- Pass an Emergency Service Physical Agility Exam administered by the Department.
- Complete a Candidate Application AFTER SUCCESSFULLY passing the Physical Agility Examination.
- Commit to serve in this assignment for a minimum of four years;
- Willingness to operate all Department-owned equipment related to the Emergency Service Unit operations.
Qualified candidates who have successfully passed the ESU Physical Agility Examination must complete the following:
• Successfully complete a panel interview.
• Candidates with proven self-initiated police activity and a good disciplinary record are highly preferred.
Candidates who have been selected for an appointment to the Emergency Services Unit must complete the following to remain in the Unit:
• Successfully complete a rigorous basic Emergency Services Unit Training course.
• Successfully complete the New York State Emergency Medical Technician course.
Interested employees who meet the eligibility requirements will receive a notification from the Special Operations Division confirming their eligibility and advising of the time and reporting location for the Physical Agility Examination.
Candidates that successfully complete the Physical Agility Examination will be invited to participate in a panel interview.
Candidates should understand that they are not guaranteed an assignment with the Emergency Services Unit, even if they meet each of the above qualifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members to apply.