Job ID: 2956
Business Unit: MTA Headquarters
Location: New York, NY, United States
Department: Workforce IT Products
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2023
Job Title: Product Manager, Timekeeping
Salary Range: Min. $106,035 Mid. $141,380 Max. $176,725
Dept/Div.: MTA IT / Enterprise Product Management
Supervisor: Product Director, Timekeeping and Payroll
Location: 2 Broadway and other locations as required
Hours of Work: 9:00AM – 5:30PM (7.5 hours/day) or as required.
Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Product Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining an assigned product or products of MTA applications and/or infrastructure and in essence owns the product life cycle for these products. The Product Manager is responsible for managing technical IT staff assigned to design, build, and maintain one or more application-based and/or infrastructure-based products.
The Product Manager will lead the assigned staff in agile transformation and the digital agenda and develop roadmaps for application and/or infrastructure products assigned. This position will manage a team of technical staff responsible for defining the launch of new products and services, developing technical roadmaps for existing products and delivering product features in an agile environment.
The Product Manager is responsible for management, staffing and supervision of the assigned products.
This position also entails developing and maintaining highly effective, secure, and innovative information systems to support the MTA’s goals and priorities.
Enterprise Product Planning
- Lead a team of multi-functional technical staff planning, building, and maintaining application and/or infrastructure products.
- Lead others, as appropriate, and when necessary, that will consist of one or more agile coaches, data analytic researchers and other digital transformation personnel.
- Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness; sustain culture and supporting assigned staff during organizational growth/changes.
- Provide direction on evaluation, selection, implementation, and maintenance of information systems for their assigned products, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
Human Resource Management
- Attract, develop, coach and retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control and performance in conjunction with the IT Workforce Planning & Workload Management Office
- Build staff expertise and competence to meet evolving demands within the Enterprise Product Management unit.
- Demonstrate consistent understanding of funding, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the program goals.
- Collaborates with IT Business Management Services to identify procurement contracts to support program related activities.
Strategy & Planning
- Assesses and makes recommendations on the improvement and re-engineering within the IT Department and work with the stakeholders at keeping the total cost of ownership down.
- Promote the use of employee self -service and mobile connectivity within products to reduce the reliance of paper.
- Automation of business process creating in-line forms and approvals, reducing the reliance on manual approvals that could be untimely.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Coordinates and facilitates consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations, developing business case and cost justifications for such initiatives.
- Provides direction on evaluation, selection, implementation, and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems.
- Advises MTA IT management, as information becomes available, in the changing trends and emerging technology and their potential use within the MTA.
- Directs the development of the analysis required to determine if Information Technology projects should follow a “Build” (develop with in-house staff) or “Buy” (cloud or packaged solution) methodology.
- Manages the development and implementation of new modules within assigned products.
- Advises on the selection, prioritization, development, and implementation on products as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of MTA IT applications and infrastructure.
Management and Oversight
- Participates in overall business planning bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems as related to the company’s goals.
- Responsible for leading and reporting on various product progress and deliverables ensuring that the IT needs of the MTA are met on time and within budget, including identifying weekly, monthly, and annual performance targets to show progress on IT product work.
- Ensure continuous delivery of product services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of product performance.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development, motivation, training, and retention of a diverse and high performing multi-level IT team professionals, conforming to budgetary objectives and Human Resources policy and programs in conjunction with the IT Workforce Planning & Workload Management office.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives keeping customizations to a minimum and total cost of ownership down.
- Knowledge of information, mobile, Voice, Cloud and Application Development technologies, and/or Infrastructure technologies
- Successful track record in design of software systems to meet the current and future needs of a complex transportation organization OR
- Successful track record in design and implementation of IT Infrastructure and related hardware and software technologies to meet the current and future needs of a complex transportation organization
- Verbal/written communications skills
- Financial/budgeting planning and management experience a plus
- Ability to fit in with the constant shifting needs and demands of the business departments.
- Knowledge of Kronos Workforce Central 8.x or Kronos Dimensions applications.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, Information Services. An equivalent combination of education and may be considered in lieu of a degree.
A minimum of 5 years of Information Technology experience with at least 4 years of progressive IT managerial experience.
Please be advised that pursuant to MTA Code of Ethics and New York State Ethics Law, you have been designated as a policy maker. Therefore, you will be required to file an annual financial disclosure statement with the Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government. The Commission will notify you of this filing requirement via your work email. Upon receipt of notification from the Commission you will have 30 days to complete your financial disclosure statement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.