Title: Cleaner Janitor
First Date of Posting: 07/31/2023
Last Date of Filing: Open Until Filled
Division/Unit: Station Cleaning
Reports to: Deputy Superintendent/ Supervisor, Transportation or Designee
Work Location: Various
Hours of Work: Various
The current minimum salary is $ 23.7696 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $31.6916 per hour in the sixth year of service. These rates are subject to change as per the TCU Collective Bargaining Agreement. The benefits of this position include but are not limited to, night and weekend salary differentials, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, and a comprehensive medical plan and pension plan.
- The successful applicant will be expected to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position with considerable independence within the framework of established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- This position requires that a candidate must clean and sweep all stations, terminals, and offices, including steps, platforms, mezzanines, tile walls, washrooms, toilets, and related rooms. Janitors are responsible for safely operating vehicles, utilizing floor scrubbers, and assorted steam cleaning equipment. Perform other duties as may be directed by the supervisor. Staten Island Railway Cleaner Janitor may be required to work various shifts including nights, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful applicant must hold a valid driver’s license, free from violations or restrictions. A High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry and maintain tools throughout the shift.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to understand English and speak clearly.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview.
All appointments, with the exception of the Department of Subways employees on MABSTOA payroll, will be made on the NYCT payroll.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
HOW TO APPLY:
MTA employees must apply via My MTA Portal. You can submit an online application by logging into My MTA Portal, clicking the My Job Search ribbon, and selecting the “Careers” link. Logging in through My MTA Portal will link your BSC ID number to your job application to identify you as an internal applicant.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.