JOB TITLE: Senior Manger General & Technical Accounting-B&T
SALARY RANGE: $94,510 - $124,045
HAY POINTS: 702
SUPERVISOR: Deputy Director – General and Technical Accounting MTA Bridges and Tunnels
LOCATION: 2 Broadway, New York NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
Job is responsible for performing MTA Bridges and Tunnels (B&T) financial/accounting functions to accurately report Toll Revenues and related expenses, all bond accounting, and its related debt service funding. Position is also responsible for derivatives and investment accounting, general ledger account and other financial statement analysis. This position provides accurate and timely financial information for monthly surplus and audit and other reporting purposes.
· Select, develop and motivate personnel within the department. Provide career development for subordinates. Provide prompt and effective coaching and counseling. Responsible for discipline/termination of employees when necessary. Review performance of staff. Create a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential
· Manage the preparation, review and submission of MTA Bridges and Tunnels (including the newly formed Central Business District Tolling Program -CBDTP) financial package for quarterly and annual MTAHQ financial statement consolidation, prepare annual financial statements including balance Sheet, income statement and cash flow statement for publication on a timely basis.
· Review and approve monthly B&T Surplus computations and related cash transfers to MTA and NYC Transit.
· Manage the accounting of investment pool fund activities for TBTA ensuring cash and investment balances are reconciled and properly supported. Ensure all Tolling Revenues receivables and payables are properly recorded and reconciled.
· Manage all aspects of bond accounting including bonds backed by Tolling Revenues for TBAT capital programs and those backed by various State Revenues for Transit and commuter capital programs. Validate all monthly interest expense/premium amortizations are recorded timely and accurately and the transfers of proceeds to MTA is recorded as intercompany balances or income transfers. Validate debt service funding/transfer for all debts including, senior, subordinate, Payroll Mobility, and Internet Sales Tax Debt
· Directly handle internal and external auditor requests, review and provide proper supporting documentation and analysis to satisfy annual audits, meeting with auditors to discuss and resolve any questions and provide clarification as needed.
· Manage the review and analysis of GASB 87 Lease Accounting and Other Relevant GASB for B&T
· Other duties or projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Must have knowledge of PeopleSoft.
· Must have knowledge of Microsoft Application/Excel.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work with all internal levels within a given organization.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact well with external agencies. External agencies may include the Governor’s Office for New York State, New York City government, elected and other public officials, as well as any staff located at other federal or state agencies or authorities.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a high-profile, high-pressure environment effectively.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with key internal and/or external stakeholders.
· Must have strong managerial skills to effectively direct a staff of professional and technical employees in implementing the short- and long-term goals and direction for the area of responsibility.
· Demonstrated ability to complete short- and long-term projects effectively and as efficiently as possible.
· Demonstrated analytical capabilities and quantitative skills.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or comparable applications, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from an accredited college may be considered in lieu of a degree.
· Minimum 7 years related experience.
· Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
· Hands on experience with PeopleSoft General Ledger and Finance Modules.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Thorough knowledge of Internal Control requirements
· Demonstrated supervisory and/or leadership abilities.
· Certified Public Accountant
· A combination of public/private accounting experience in a large company environment is preferred.
· Master’s degree in a related field.
· At least 3 years in a managerial and/or leadership role.
· Prior experience working in a large, multi-faceted, fast-paced organization or governmental body.
· Familiarity with the MTA’s policies and procedures.
· Familiarity with the MTA’s collective bargaining procedures
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.