Title: Superintendent, EEMD Electrical/ Electronics
First Date of Posting: 07/18/2023
Last Date of Filing: Open Until Filled
Division/Unit: Electrical Electronics Maintenance Department
Reports to: General Superintendent, Electrical
Work Location: 331 Bay Street, Staten Island
Hours of Work: Managerial
Salary Range - $88,539- $ 131,381 (Grade D) 594 Hay Points
This position manages the day-to-day operations of the hourly workforce in the EEMD Electrical and EEMD Electronics groups: Responsible for task planning, resource allocation, inventory/material management, specialized training needs, and manpower allocation. Establishes plans and schedules repairs, and preventative maintenance and maintains Maintenance/test/inspection (MTI) cycles to maintain a consistent rate of productivity. Provide expertise/support and coordination with internal and external parties such as MT A/SIR I.T., Engineering, NYCT divisions CPM, and contractors. Provide general oversight, guidance, and quality assurance inspections. Maintain a high level of emphasis on Safety.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A baccalaureate degree in Engineering, Electronics, Networks, Computer or Transportation Management
- Eight (8) years of progressive experience, of which four (4) years must have been in a managerial/supervisory capacity. OR
- Satisfactory combination of education and experience.
- The ability to project manage numerous highly sensitive and critical operations with limited resources
- In-depth knowledge of high-level electrical and electronic systems.
- Ability to project manage successfully under tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to change and conflicting priorities
- Experience in building effective teams and adept at conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of SIR rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Proven decision-making in emergency situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Based on evaluation of education. skills, experience, and interview.
All appointments, with the exception of the Department of Subways employees on MABSTOA payroll, will be made on the NYCT payroll.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”)
HOW TO APPLY
MTA employees must apply via My MTA Portal. You can submit an online application by logging into My MTA Portal, clicking the My Job Search ribbon, and selecting the “Careers” link. Logging in through My MTA Portal will link your BSC ID number to your job application to identify you as an internal applicant.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.