JOB TITLE: Operations Analyst-Benefits
SALARY RANGE: $45,125
DEPT/DIV: MTA Business Service Center, Benefit Operations Department
SUPERVISOR: Manager, Benefit Operations
LOCATION: 333 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001
HOURS OF WORK: 8 Hours per day
DEADLINE: Until filled
**This position is represented by the Transportation Communications Union (TCU)
This position will administer and support the activities and process transactions for the Human Resources Employee Benefits area.
- Gather, validate, and maintain data, forms and other transaction inputs and track status
- Enter transactions in PeopleSoft and the service request management tool
- Retrieve, index, and review scanned documents and forms
- Provide satisfactory customer service by receiving, analyzing, researching, and seeking resolution to assigned inquiries
- Understand when to escalate issues to a supervisor
- Integrate across BSC teams to document, research, and resolve basic issues and errors as assigned
- Perform/support cyclical processing and period end activities
- Complete assignments as delegated by supervisor
- Develop and update operating procedures and training materials as needed
- Understand the MTA and BSC vision including how individual responsibilities fit into long-term strategies
- Track and report status of work
- Comply with MTA and BSC policies, practices, and procedures
- Maintain appropriate level of process, functional, and technical knowledge and participate in training to continue to develop such knowledge
- Support other team members as appropriate
- Ensure that all assignments are completed with the highest quality and within Service Level Agreement guidelines and Key Performance Indicator targets
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives as assigned and participate in user groups as necessary
- Adhere to team budget
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge and use of PeopleSoft or related database software
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to process requests consistently with general supervision
- Ability to assess problems and promptly resolve or identify the appropriate team to resolve
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and collaborate across the BSC at all levels within and outside the organization
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage individual assignments
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Understanding of MTA HR policies and procedures
- Familiarity with performance metrics and the ability to meet identified targets
- Working knowledge of service request management tools
- Working knowledge and use of office productivity tools (e.g., MS Outlook, MS Office applications) and web-based applications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED and minimum 1 year work experience in benefits or related field
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's or Associate’s degree with relevant experience in Business or related field An equivalent combination of education and related experience will be considered.
- Shared Services experience
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
HOW TO APPLY:
MTA employees must apply via My MTA Portal. You can submit an online application by logging into My MTA Portal, clicking the My Job Search ribbon, and selecting the “Careers” link.
Logging in through My MTA Portal will link your BSC ID number to your job application to identify you as an internal applicant.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.