Job ID: 2480
Business Unit: MTA Headquarters
Location: New York, NY, United States
Department: Office of the Chief of Police
Date Posted: Jul 19, 2023
Job Title: Contingent - Police Records Management System (RMS) Project and Deployment Manager
Department/Division: MTA Police Department\Administration
Pay: $60.58 per hour
Supervisor: Chief of Operations, Administration, MTA PD
Location: Graybar Building, 420 Lexington Avenue, New York NY 10017
Work Schedule: No more than 30 hours per week
This position shall oversee the successful implementation and deployment of the Central Square records management system (RMS) within the MTA PD. This job exists to upgrade and modernize the Department’s records management system. The major purpose of this role is to manage the end-to-end project lifecycle, from planning and development to deployment and ongoing maintenance of the RMS. The expected end results encompass a comprehensive and user-friendly RMS that enables accurate and timely record-keeping, improves data integrity, facilitates information sharing within the Department, enhances investigative capabilities, and supports effective decision-making and crime reduction efforts. The Project and Deployment Manager will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT staff, law enforcement personnel, and external vendors to ensure seamless integration of the RMS with existing platforms, user training, and ongoing system optimization and maintenance. By successfully executing this role, the manager contributes to the agency's operational efficiency and public safety goals.
- Responsible for development and execution of a comprehensive project plan for the implementation of the records management system.
- Responsible for RMS stakeholder engagement and collaboration, including law enforcement personnel, Department leadership, IT teams, and external vendors.
- Participate in needs assessment and analysis of current operations and workflows in support of RMS design and provisioning.
- Work with Training staff to maximize successful user adoption of the RMS.
- Advise Department leadership on the implementation of the RMS, including enhancements and integrations to other systems.
- Identify related projects and enhancements that may improve operational efficiency and effectiveness and the Department’s public safety goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
Education, Experience, and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Project Management or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree; and
- Minimum 10 years law enforcement experience with an accredited New York State law enforcement agency.
- Minimum 3 years law enforcement experience in executive and/or command staff positions.
- Minimum 2 years project management experience deploying law enforcement specific Records Management Systems and integrating related systems and services.
- Administrative and end-user subject matter expertise with law enforcement specific Records Management Systems.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and collaborate across the MTA at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to work with diverse people with tact, diplomacy, discretion and sensitivity.
- Ability to work with, train and coach other team members.
- Ability to prioritize problems and promptly resolve or escalate, when necessary.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage individual assignments.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., MS Excel, Access etc.).
- Familiarity with performance metrics and ability to meet identified targets.
- Working knowledge and use of office productivity tools and web-based applications.
- Prior experience working in a large, multi-faceted, fast-paced organization or governmental body.
- Travel may be required to other MTA locations or other external sites.
- Ability to interface with staff of MTA internal agencies, other departments, consultants and other outside agencies is a mandatory skill for resolving conflicts in a constructive and timely fashion while maintaining proper procedures and practices, as required.