JOB TITLE: Manager, Instructional Design and Deliver
SALARY RANGE: $80,564 - $105,740
HAY POINTS: 551
DEPT/DIV: People\Organization Design & Development
SUPERVISOR: Senior Manager, Instructional Design and Delivery
LOCATION: 2 Broadway New York, NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Post Until Filled
The Manager, Instructional Design and Delivery will be tasked with designing courses, developing curriculum, and creating training materials, for all leadership development initiatives/programs within the Organizational Development unit. This is an active role that will equip MTA employees with the necessary tools for the development in current and future advancement. The selected candidate will be responsible for delivering innovative and engaging leadership content for both in-person and remote environments. The ideal candidate will work alongside their counterparts to assess the needs of the current MTA Network state and he/she should be comfortable facilitating recommended outcomes.
- Plan, manage and facilitate learning courses both in-person and within virtual settings.
- Collaborate and consult with MTA Network subject matter experts to determine effective training solutions to address leadership development needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects with quick deadlines.
- Within the structures of in-person and virtual learning, keep abreast with emerging technologies along with applying those best practices to the Leadership Development framework.
- Provide management and support to a team of technology and multi-media knowledge personnel to ensure first-in-class initiatives/programming will remain consistent and unwavering.
- Serve as a Leadership Development team management lead in the instructional design, delivery, management, and evaluation of in-person and virtual programming.
- Design and apply a data-driven approach to measure the effectiveness of adult learning and development of MTA staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Organizational Design and Development and the Director of Leadership Development. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Quality assurance oversight for employee development programs/trainings
- Demonstrated technical expertise both within in-person and virtual learning environments.
- Has experience in building strong relationships across a large multi-functional agency.
- Possess strong interpersonal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills; proven research skills to gather data and execute best practice components.
- Knowledgeable in various approaches to performance gaps with an emphasis on using various learning modalities (such as digital learning, job aids, etc.) to develop programs/initiatives.
- Working in an environment with shifting priorities and limited resources.
- Working with HR departments and other business partners to reach consensus in cross-functional areas.
- Aggregating reliable data and providing sound interpretation of metrics will potentially limited resources.
- Working with a multi-generational workforce with retention challenges.
- Working with a blended workforce comprised of both represented and non-represented employees.
- Interface with leaders dealing with competing priorities.
- Implementing and institutionalizing standard practices in an organization undergoing cultural transformation.
- Has some level of authority for the decision making, staffing, and budget for their functional area of responsibility, subject to approval regarding the most significant Business and Policy issues by departmental management and/or Senior Management. Decision-making authority over their functional area of responsibility is within well-defined, somewhat diversified procedures and precedents.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for policy and procedural changes with final approval from departmental management and/or Senior Management and supports implementation of such changes.
- Works within clearly defined policies, principles, and specific objectives in consultation with departmental management.
- Overall strategy and approach are made in consultation with departmental management and/or HQ Senior Management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Education, Information Technology or in related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree; and
- Minimum of 5 years of equivalent work experience in the areas of project management, instructional design for online learning specialization; and
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the design, delivery and management of impactful and development programs on the topic of leadership and management.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience within a managerial role in a large, multi-faceted, fast-paced organization or governmental body preferred.
- Certificate options can include Instructional Design, E-learning, or Multimedia Development.
As an employee of MTA Headquarters, you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $108,638 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified employees can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS HOME page or the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
For instructions on completing the online application, go to the MTA intranet site and click on the PeopleSoft Information hyperlink. From there select the User Guides hyperlink to gain access to the "Viewing/Applying for Jobs Online" guide under the Recruiting section of the page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.