JOB TITLE: Financial Analyst - Risk
SALARY RANGE: $63,108 – 82,829
HAY POINTS: 362
DEPT/DIV: Risk and Insurance Management
SUPERVISOR: Manager, Budget & Administration
LOCATION: 2 Broadway New York, NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
This position supports and assists the Manager, Budget, and Administration in all phases of the department’s budget as well as the budget and financial accounting for First Mutual Transportation Assurance Company (FMTAC). Responsibilities include but are not limited to report generation, analysis, research, database maintenance, and record keeping.
- Maintains PeopleSoft Financial program through daily data entry and review which facilitates in the monthly submission of FMTAC financials.
- Prepares monthly FMTAC reviews which include report preparation, review of data and submission of final assessment to Manager, Budget Administration.
- Responsible for all Agency insurance premium and FMTAC invoices which includes logging invoices into database, reviewing and resolving discrepancies, and submitting invoices to Manager for payment.
- Reviews Quarterly FMTAC Financial Plans for Budget Submission.
- Reviews monthly FMTAC Budget Submissions which include Processes flat file and PeopleSoft Portal files (run and review).
- Assists in the resolution of any FMTAC Budget/Financial Plan errors.
- Creates and manages PO List and log tracking PO funding.
- Creates, inputs, and manages Requisitions via PeopleSoft.
- Creates various budget runs utilizing excel as per department needs.
- Reconciles LIRR/ MNR claims payments using Excel file.
- Resolves issues with payments (wire transfers, check requests, check stops etc.)
- Monthly review of all payments charged to RIM; immediately correct/ reject all not properly charged to RIM
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficiency in computer applications pertaining to spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (i.e., MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and PeopleSoft).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in performing detailed analysis and tracking.
- Must have good communication skills and demonstrate ability to effectively interact with staff, consultants/vendors, and agency contacts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Management or the equivalent in progressively responsible experience.
- A minimum of two-three years of experience as a financial or business analyst.
- Prior experience working in a large, multi-faceted, fast-paced organization or governmental body.
- Familiarity with the MTA’s policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with the MTA’s collective bargaining procedures.
As an employee of MTA Headquarters, you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $108,638 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified employees can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS HOME page or the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
For instructions on completing the online application, go to the MTA intranet site and click on the PeopleSoft Information hyperlink. From there select the User Guides hyperlink to gain access to the "Viewing/Applying for Jobs Online" guide under the Recruiting section of the page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.