Title: Associate Project Manager I-III
First Date of Posting: 02/02/2024
Last Date of Filing: 02/23/2024
Division Unit: Elevators & Escalators
Reports To: Superintendent/ACO
Location: 130 Livingston St
Hours of work: Various
*Must be permanent in the title or reachable on an active civil service exam list.
This position on the NYC Transit payroll is competitive and is eligible for the 55-a Program. This position is open to qualified persons who are eligible for the 55-a Program. Please indicate in your cover letter and in the upper right corner of your resume that you would like to be considered for the position under the 55-a Program. For detailed information regarding the 55-a Program, please visit the following link https://www1.nyc.gov/site/dcas/employment/55-a-program.page
Associate Project Manager I: $85,147 - $107,227
Associate Project Manager II: $93,805 - $119,553
Associate Project Manager III: $113,239 - $133,496
This position is responsible for project management duties for multiple multi-million-dollar Capital and Operating projects. Responsibilities will include preparation, review and comment on contract documents, coordinate and liaising with DOS, MTA C&D, internal and external stakeholders on all aspects of project management (RFI’s, AWO’s, inspections, testing, submittals, O&M manuals, training, warranty claims, invoices etc.); field visits to ascertain project activities and status; assisting management with technical aspects of the projects; Monitor project performance against established baselines and pursue opportunities for improved performance.
Identify project issues and risks and ensure timely resolution and mitigation. Recommend solutions to management for the resolution of critical issues. Manage project activities to allow for minimal impact on agency operations and the public.
Ensure project activities are following established requirements and in adherence to all relevant standards, guidelines, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures
Education and Experience:
One year of full-time satisfactory experience in supervising employees performing project
management work, such as planning, administering, managing, coordinating or
expediting, on engineering and/or architectural and/or landscape architectural projects,
or supervising a construction project with a value of $1,000,000 or more, and either:
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, engineering technology, architecture, architectural technology, landscape architecture, business administration, or public administration, and one year of full-time satisfactory experience in project management work, such as planning, administering, managing, coordinating, or expediting, for engineering
and/or architectural and/or landscape architectural projects; or
2. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and five years of
experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent plus any combination of college or university education and/or experience described in "1" above to make up the equivalent of five years of education and experience. One year of experience credit will be given for: (a) each 30 semester credits of college or university education leading to a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, engineering technology, architecture, architectural technology, landscape architecture, business administration, or public administration; (b) a Masters degree from an accredited college or university in one of the disciplines described in "1" above; or (c) a valid New York State license as a Professional Engineer, Registered Architect or Registered Landscape Architect. Experience which is primarily of a design nature is not acceptable towards meeting the qualification requirements.
Assignment Level II: Special Requirements
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements for Assignment Level I, candidates must have at least one additional year of experience as described in "1" above in a supervisory capacity or have served for at least one year as a project manager for a large and/or complex construction project.
Assignment Level III: Special Requirements
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements for Assignment Level I, candidates must have at least two additional years of experience as described in "1" above in a supervisory capacity or have served for at least two additional years as a project manager for a large and/or complex construction project.
• An Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering background is preferred.
• Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Excellent decision-making skills.
• Basic understanding of elevator systems and escalator systems.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview.
All appointments, with the exception of the Department of Subways employees on MABSTOA payroll, will be made on the NYCT payroll.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
How to Apply:
MTA employees must apply via My MTA Portal. You can submit an online application by logging into My MTA Portal, clicking the My Job Search ribbon, and selecting the “Careers” link.
Logging in through My MTA Portal will link your BSC ID number to your job application to identify you as an internal applicant.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities. The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.