Job ID: 1206
Business Unit: MTA Headquarters
Location: New York, NY, United States
Department: Transportation IT Products
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2023
JOB TITLE: Product Manager Orchestrator
SALARY RANGE: $106,035 - $148,449
POINTS: 805 HAT
DEPT/DIV: MTA IT / Enterprise Product Management
SUPERVISOR: Product Director Orchestrator
LOCATION: 2 Broadway, New York, NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 AM -5:30 PM (7.5 hours) or as required.
The purpose of this position is to ensure the Product Line Team has clarity of capacity and demand and provide clarity and governance around the balance of work and adherence to the budget aligned for the product. This role will ensure there is an understanding of the throughput and cycle time for features. The Product Manager Orchestrator will understand and communicate the velocity variance for the Product Delivery Teams utilizing Scrum and throughput variance for delivery Teams utilizing Kanban. This position will also ensure with the Scrum master's that the ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) is being utilized correctly to enable metrics and will warrant product decisions are in alignment with the budgets and financial guidelines.
- Ensure that there is an understanding of the throughput and cycle time for Features within the Product Category.
- Understand and communicate the velocity variance for Delivery Teams using Scrum and throughput variance for Delivery Teams using Kanban.
- Ensure with the Scrum master's that the ALM is being used correctly to enable metrics.
- Align Team Processes with the organization governance model and best-practices.
- Ensure that the Product Team Assessments are completed on a regular cadence.
- Actively manage risks, impediments, dependencies, and assumptions with the rest of the Product Team to reduce impact early.
- Identify Features with clear connection to Epic success criteria.
- Solutions decisions aligned with the strategic vision, reducing organizational risk to maintain alignment with strategy, budget, and financial guidelines.
- Provide a primary escalation point for Scrum master's and to Portfolio Orchestrator.
- Ensure team orchestration with both Portfolio and Delivery Teams is effective.
- Orchestrate Product Team communications.
- Provide a point of contact for the System of Delivery/governance.
- Experience developing solutions and performing work using agile principles. Experience visualizing processes and requirements for developer consumption.
- Experienced working with agile management tools such as Jira, Kanban Board, Confluence, Teams, etc.
- Experience/knowledge with Agile methodologies (Lean, DevOps, Scrum).
- Comfortable operating in rapidly changing environments.
- Excellent communication, presentation creation and delivery skills (MS PowerPoint) with the ability to communicate with a broad set of constituencies, both technical and non-technical.
- Proven experience/involvement on successful development products involving cross functional teams.
- Ability to manage and leverage working relationships in a productive manner, ability to manage conflict in purposeful fashion.
- Process focused by utilizing a methodical approach to completing objectives in a thorough and efficient manner.
- Effective problem solver by analyzing problems involving people, processes, and collaboratively crafting solutions to address root causes.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, and Information Services (or the equivalent of education and progressive responsible experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of Information Technology experience with at least 4 years of progressive IT managerial experience.
Please be advised that pursuant to MTA Code of Ethics and New York State Ethics Law, you have been designated as a policy maker. Therefore, you will be required to file an annual financial disclosure statement with the Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government. The Commission will notify you of this filing requirement via your work email. Upon receipt of notification from the Commission you will have 30 days to complete your financial disclosure statement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.