Title: Computer Specialist (SW) I-IV ETL Developer
Last Date of Filing: Until Filled
Department: MTA IT
Division/Unit: Information Management Product Line
Reports to: Product Manager, Data Management
Work Location 2 Broadway, Manhattan
Hours of Work: As Required
**SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE APPOINTED TO MaBSTOA PAYROLL**
Computer Spec. (SW) 1 TWU:$99,579
Computer Spec. (SW) 2 TWU:$103,742
Computer Spec. (SW) 3 TWU:$112,029
Computer Spec. (SW) 4 TWU:$120,179
The selected candidate will be responsible for the development of the Extract, Transform, Load (ETL). Design & build both logical and physical data models for both Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) solutions. Develop and maintain data mapping specifications based on the results of data analysis and functional requirements. Build a variety of data loading & data transformation methods using multiple tools and technologies. Design & build automated Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) jobs based on data mapping specifications. Manage metadata structures needed for building reusable Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) components.
The incumbent will analyze reference datasets and must be familiar with Master Data Management (MDM) tools. Analyze the impact of changes to downstream systems/products and recommend alternatives to minimize the impact. Derive solutions and make recommendations from deep dive data analysis proactively.
Candidate will adhere to DevOps processes and work with application developers on system develop life system functions.
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by 24 semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time computer software experience in computer systems development and analysis, applications programming, database administration, systems programming, data communications, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
2. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six (6 years of satisfactory full-time computer software experience as described in "1" above,
including one (1) year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
3. Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" or "2" above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in "2" above on the basis that 60 semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. A master’s degree in computer science or a related computer field may be substituted for one year of the required experience in "1" or "2" above.
However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and at least one (1) year of satisfactory full-time experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project.
Note : To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level IV, in addition to the Qualification Requirements stated above, individuals must have one (1) year of satisfactory experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project in data administration, database management systems, operating systems, data communications systems, capacity planning, and/or on-line applications programming.
Appointment may be at a comparable level to current level of selected candidate.
Hands on experience designing, building, configuring, and maintaining the development of the
Extract, Transform, Load (ETL).
Extensive knowledge of governance, design, and implementation of the following:
- SQL Server
- PowerApps Platform (Power BI Administration)
- A deep understanding of relational database technologies, dimensional Modeling,
- Operational Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts.
- Significant experience with data modeling (conceptual, logical, and physical model
- design), architecture, and performance optimization.
- Expert level derstanding of ETL fundamentals and building efficient data pipelines using
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) tools such as SSIS.
- Experience with cloud data movement and computer technologies including Azure Data
- Factory, Logic App, Databricks and storage technologies including Azure Managed
- instance, Azure Data Lake, Azure synapse analytics.
- Experience with major database platforms including Oracle, SQL Server as well as
- Cloud databases. NO SQL experience is a plus.
- Advanced data processing, programming skills using SQL-based technologies, as well
- as other languages like Python.
- Experience in modern DevOps practices (including Git, CI/CD).
- Experience designing, enhancing, and/or modifying data warehouses.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Power BI.
Please be advised that pursuant to MTA Code of Ethics and New York State Ethics Law, you have been designated as a policy maker. Therefore, you will be required to file an annual financial disclosure statement with the Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government. The Commission will notify you of this filing requirement via your work email. Upon receipt of notification from the Commission you will have 30 days to complete your financial disclosure statement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.