JOB TITLE: Senior Director, MWDBE/SDVOB Operations and Technological Support
SALARY RANGE: $93,054 - $130,276
HAY POINTS: 611
DEPT/DIV: Information Technology/Department of Diversity and Civil Rights
SUPERVISOR: Dep. Chief Diversity Officer, Technology, Operations, Certifications & Reporting
LOCATION: 2 Broadway New York, NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00am - 5:30pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
The Senior Director, Minority, Women-owned and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (“MWDBE”)/Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (“SDVOB”) Operations and Technology Enablement is responsible for facilitating and being an advocate for the implementation of technology solutions which support the operations of the MTA’s Department of Diversity and Civil Rights (“DDCR”). The candidate for this position will be responsible for the analysis of core business processes that will inform and contribute to the design and development of technology enabled solutions for the department. The position is also responsible for directing, managing, assessing, and overseeing business process design as well as developing related proposals for implementation of improved operational procedures, workflow enhancements and workflow efficiencies. The position will also be the primary departmental liaison to the MTA’s Information Technology (“IT”) Department, Business Services Center, all operating agencies and develop a working relationship that will facilitate the resolution of IT-related issues and/or problems as well as identifying opportunities to leverage technology to improve the operations of the department and the ability to generate accurate procurement and MWDBE/SDVOB contract data.
The position is required to work alongside functional, industry, and technical specialists to assist with the development, implementation and integration of innovative solutions including methods, techniques, tools, change management, and training. The position is expected to contribute to the success of the department’s mission and development in a variety of ways including:
- Manage project risk: manage project economics including planning and budgeting, manage contractual deliverables, define deliverable content, ensure buy-in of proposed solutions from executive level management of the department and the MTA.
- Solution delivery: Engage on a day-to-day basis with MTA and department management and key stakeholders
- Business Development: support the development of contacts with top decision makers in key MTA departments, participate in and have the capability to lead aspects of the proposal development process.
- Work collaboratively with MWDBE/SDVOB Contract Compliance Management to provide, manage, and administer the continuous integration of the department’s business processes with innovative technology solutions. Assess, develop, propose, and implement operational process improvements utilizing a best practices approach to maximize departmental efficiency.
- Direct and allocate resources to support departmental wide technical assistance, staff training, and the creation of training and standard operating procedure manuals.
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy through the development of analytical methods to identify inconsistencies, errors, or omissions. Direct and manage the development and production of monthly and quarterly reports detailing MTA agency-wide certification and contract compliance activity.
- Direct the dissemination of resource lists of certified NYS MWBEs and SDVOBs as well as certified DBEs to prime contractors, MTA staff, and others as needed.
- Manage all activities related to system-generated contractual history and records retention.
- Provide managerial oversight and direction in responding to ad-hoc requests for data and contracts information as required by NYS State and Federal regulatory agencies, e.g., FTA.
- Work collaboratively with MWBDE/SDVOB Contract Compliance Management in the assessment, development and implementation of operational and productivity efficiency initiatives pertaining to the rendering of contract determinations regarding goal requests, scope of work analysis and cost estimates.
- Identify, assess, propose, and implement resolutions regarding computer-related applications and/or software issues impacting departmental workflow and productivity.
- Direct and coordinate MWDBE/SDVOB-related projects and/or issue resolution initiatives across departmental lines and MTA agencies, the BSC, IT, as well as NYS, FTA, and outside consultants.
- Direct the generation of accurate and timely semi-annual reports to the FTA in accordance with 49 CFR Part 26.
- Direct the generation of accurate and timely quarterly ESD report in accordance with NYS Article 15-A of the Executive Law.
- Direct the generation of accurate and timely financial data for reports to the Diversity, Audit and CPOC Committees of the MTA Board.
- Direct and provide project management for research projects, as needed.
- Provide input and guidance into the staffing process and participate in staff recruitment and retention activities.
- Manage, supervise, provide direction, and provide staff development to the Assistant Manager, MWDBE/SDVOB Contract Compliance and other administrators.
- Manage and maintain effective relationships with Procurement, MTA’s contractors and MTA and its agencies’ project managers ensuring current status/updates regarding report submissions, utilization and payment reports, systems developments, and systems updates.
- Manage in conjunction with all MTA Operating Agencies in forecasting future procurement activities, evaluating MWDBE/SDVOB availability and submitting the appropriate MWDBE and SDVOB goal plans to ESD, New York State Office of General Services, and the FTA.
- Perform other duties and provide assistance, as directed.
- Must be seasoned professional with outstanding judgment, as well as leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess strategic thinking abilities with a demonstrated understanding of the use of decision-making authority and the assumption of formal responsibility for meeting business-unit goals.
- Must possess strong project management experience and the ability to monitor and manage multiple initiatives concurrently, as well as excellent staff management skills.
- Must have a strong analytical background and ability to perform data analysis on large volumes of data to identify relevant patterns and trends.
- Must have proven understanding of databases, database management, and data processing using SQL queries, MS Excel Pivot Table, and functions like VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP.
- Must be able to extract, transform and load various data formats (txt, csv).
- Must have proven financial data interpretative experience, including business analytics and quantitative analysis. Familiarity with PeopleSoft Financials is preferred.
- Must have a general working knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) products and practices as well as the ability to direct the BI efforts of the department. Experience with Microsoft Power BI is desirable.
- Must have experience in managing external and internal stakeholders in implementing business process software.
- Must be able to understand and develop technical and functional specifications.
- Must have knowledge and a proven understanding of federal and state laws governing MWDBE/SDVOB programmatic and reporting requirements.
- Must have proven understanding of IT processes, databases, and database management, as well as IT problem-solving abilities and business forecasting skills.
- Must have proven understanding of business process design with a particular emphasis on process re-engineering, including analyzing business processes, identifying changes, and recommending applicable modifications for new process improvements.
- Must have proven aptitude for analytical concepts, demonstrated leadership ability with outstanding oral, written, and electronic communication skills.
- Must have a definitive customer focus, teamwork abilities, integrity, and relationship-building skills.
- Must have time management skills as well as the ability to be flexible and creative.
- Must have proven proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in information technology, accounting, finance, statistics, business administration, procurement, business forecasting or the equivalent work experience. MBA, a plus.
- Minimum eight to ten years of professional level business experience in information technology, operations management, project management, finance, procurement, business forecasting or accounting with an emphasis in cross functional relationship management.
- Minimum three years of staff management and supervisory experience.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.