Job Title: City Deputy Medical Director
First Date of Posting: 09/26/2023
Last Date of Filing: Open Until Filled
Department: Safety & Security
Reports to: Medical Director
Work Location: Various
Hours of Work: As Required
"In order to protect our employees and continue to provide safe and reliable service to our communities, as of November 14, 2021 we are requiring all new MTA hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. MTA will consider exceptions for religious and medical reasons, where appropriate. “Fully vaccinated” means you must have both doses of a 2-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the second dose, or have received 1 dose of a 1-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the dose. Proof of your vaccination status in the form of a CDC vaccine card must be submitted prior to your start date."
$163,990 - $215,236
The Deputy Medical Director will be responsible for supervising staff physicians' performance and the documentation of periodic and other medical examinations as required for position and make appropriate work status determinations. This includes providing medical review for FMLA, short term disability and other medical issues as needed by agency departments. The selected candidate will work with the Corporate Occupational Health Officer, Medical Director, Director, Medical Assessment Center and other clinical staff members as needed for medical review, quality assurance and audit activities. The incumbent will also work with the Corporate Occupational Health Officer and the Medical Director to develop policies, planning documents, and quality improvements. The Deputy Medical Director will collaborate with MTA-Headquarters and the Corporate Occupational Health Officer and Medical Director to develop plans and processes under public health emergencies – COVID-19, MERS, SARS, Ebola and other emergencies declared by the Federal, State and City. In addition, the incumbent will assist with the legal review and decision making of policy and guidelines. Other duties may be required as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Possession of a valid license to practice medicine in the State of New York plus valid Board Certification issued by the appropriate American Specialty Board in an approved medical specialty; and four years of medical practice including one year of experience in an administrative or supervisory capacity; or
- A combination of education and/or experience equivalent to that listed in "1" above. However, all candidates must have a valid license to practice medicine in the State of New York, and one year of medical practice in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
- Must have excellent clinical judgment and ability to accurately determine if employees with complex medical issues are able to perform the position’s duties.
- Clinical experience in an occupational setting is preferred.
- Current certification as a FMCSA medical examiner is preferred. Must be obtained within six months of being hired.
- Medical Review Certification is highly desired. Must be obtained within six months of being hired.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience and interview.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
How to apply
MTA employees must apply via My MTA Portal. You can submit an online application by logging into My MTA Portal, clicking the My Job Search ribbon, and selecting the “Careers” link.
Logging in through My MTA Portal will link your BSC ID number to your job application to identify you as an internal applicant.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.