JOB TITLE: Senior Manager, HR Business Processes (Multiple Vacancies)
SALARY RANGE: $80,564 - $105,740
HAY POINTS: 551
DEPT/DIV: HR Operations and Analytics
SUPERVISOR: Director, HR Business Processes
LOCATION: 2 Broadway, New York, NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
The Senior Manager HR Business Processes role is responsible for documenting and assessing the stability and sustainability of current HR processes and optimizing them as well as developing future processes. This includes the accountability to execute specific initiatives and collaborate with stakeholders across all MTA Agencies and organizational areas; ensuring HR business processes conform to the organization’s long-term business strategy and collaborating with different departments so processes work in harmony.
- Independently assess current business processes, identify capability gaps, gain HR-business-IT alignment, develop future state strategy & solution vision.
- Responsible for partnering with cross-functional partners to manages the design, modelling and implementation of new or modified business processes and recommended organizational structures
- Liaise with IT to explore new or existing technologies that could be used for addressing inefficiencies, improving operations or solving problems. Document requirements for new IT applications, produce procurement specifications and, where required, participate in the Request for Proposal (“RFP”) process and evaluation.
- Understands operational needs and work with data to identify trends and develop solutions.
- Proactively leads collaborative efforts at the direction of the Director of HR Business Processes, across business groups, functional teams, at multiple levels. Accountable to provide the stable foundation for procedures & processes that will enable the execution of HR Operations & Analytics goals.
- Provides strategic communication, problem solving, risk management, facilitating meetings, and ensuring quality control are elements.
- Acts as a Project Manager for the Director of HR Business Processes and improves business processes through tools, metrics, and dashboard reporting to enable decision making.
- Responsible for partnering with cross-functional teams to drive the planning, executing, and auditing of HR processes that enable efficiencies and accountability for all business process and MTA procedures.
- Select, develop and motivate personnel within the department. Provide career development for subordinates. Provide prompt and effective coaching and counseling. Responsible for discipline/termination of employees when necessary. Review performance of staff. Create a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge in at least three or more core HR functions, such as Talent Acquisition, HRIS, Time and Labor, Compensation and Benefits, Organization Design and Development, and/or Performance and Policy
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, together with demonstrated proficiency in business case development and implementation planning.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with a talent to discern different contexts required for different audiences in order to obtain consensus on strategy.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and collaborate across the MTA at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Working knowledge of business process modeling tools
- Deadline driven, organized, detail-oriented and responsible
- Executive and emotional presence to inspire and influence change across the organization.
- Ability to build relationships and work with diverse people using tact, diplomacy, discretion and sensitivity.
- Ability to train and coach other team members.
- Ability to prioritize problems and promptly resolve or escalate, when necessary.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage individual assignments.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Access etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver executive level presentations
- Familiarity with performance metrics and ability to meet identified targets.
- Must have knowledge of Business Processes, Process Mapping, Process Optimization.
- Must have knowledge of improving the execution for organizations via systems improvement, analytical analysis and strategy.
- Ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments synthesizing multiple points of view and influencing leaders and peers to execute a coherent action plan.
- Able to understand operational needs and work with data to identify trends and develop solutions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is a genuinely collaborative team player.
- Ability to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing strategic orientation and operational efficiency to ensure we deliver what is “right” for the customer, internal and external
- Comfortable working with data and making data-driven decisions.
- Ability to think both creatively and critically, willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all internal levels within a given organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with key internal and/or external stakeholders.
Lean Six Sigma Certification.
Working knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM, and Oracle HCM.
Working knowledge and use of office productivity tools and web-based applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Organizational Management or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. An MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum 7 years performing business process analysis or business requirements development.
- Minimum 3 years in providing solutions to complex problems in specific business process domains such as Time and Labor, Payroll, Human Resources and Benefits administration.
- Shared Services experience is preferred.
- Experience with Cloud Migrations is preferred.
As an employee of MTA Headquarters, you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $108,638 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker.
Qualified employees can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS HOME page or the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
For instructions on completing the online application, go to the MTA intranet site and click on the PeopleSoft Information hyperlink. From there select the User Guides hyperlink to gain access to the "Viewing/Applying for Jobs On Line" guide under the Recruiting section of the page.
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.