Assistant Electrical Engineer Series - Req ID 1752
First date of posting: 11/9/2023
Last date of posting: Open until Filled
Authority: TA/OA/MTA Bus
Department: Regional Bus Company
Division/Unit: Maintenance, Support & Engineering
Reports To: Director, Electrical Solutions
Work Location: Various
Hours of Work: As Required
Assistant Electrical Engineer (OA non-represented): $ 65,723 - $ 85,724
Assistant Electrical Engineer (OA represented by DC37): $65,640 - $85,646 (New Hire rate:$57,078)
Assistant Electrical Engineer (MTABC non-represented): $65,723 – $85,754
The Assistant Electrical Engineer will provide support and assist with all functions related to bus electrical systems, including:
- Low voltage systems, high voltage systems, Hybrid systems, All Electric Bus systems, wiring harnesses routing/securement/termination.
- Electrical machinery including alternator, voltage regulator, starter, ultra-capacitor, motor, air compressor, electric heater, solenoids, pressure transducers and relays.
- Wheelchair system, kneeling system, destination sign system, interior and exterior lighting, horns, front and rear door interlock systems, fire suppression systems, automatic parking brake feature, hill hold feature.
- Batteries, including flooded lead-acid, absorbed glass mat (AGM) lead-acid, and Lithium-Ion.
- Multiplex logic and CAN data communication, cellular radio, collision avoidance, automatic passenger counting, cameras and other new technology systems.
Engage in research, investigation, studies, or examinations related to bus functions, parts, and components to ensure compliance with specifications and standards. Create and maintain technical drawings and schematics using CAD software. Assist in component failure analysis and writing technical report. Perform data inquiry and analysis with server database and MS excels. Maintain and update group database and SharePoint site. Assist in writing specifications and technical procedures. Participate in other related engineering work as required.
Education and Experience
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in electrical or electronic engineering, and one year of full-time satisfactory experience in electrical engineering work; or
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and a Master’s degree from an accredited college in electrical or electronic engineering.
•Knowledge of engineering principles applied to equipment.
•Familiarity with automotive systems.
•Experience in a public transit environment.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office.
•Proficiency in CAD Software
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities. The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.