JOB TITLE: Pensions Operations Analyst (Represented)
SALARY RANGE: $45,125 - $$75,208
DEPT/DIV: Pensions, MTA Defined Benefit Plan
SUPERVISOR: Deputy Director, Consolidated Pensions
LOCATION: 2 Broadway, New York, NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 40 Hours Work Week
The purpose of this position is to administer the provisions of the MTA Defined Benefit Pension Plan (DB Plan) that require less complex analysis or calculations. The Operations Analyst - Pension will be exposed to all Defined Benefit Plan articles and the application of the Plan provisions. The Operations Analyst-- Pension works on the calculation of pension estimates, prior service, military service, and responses to inquiries. The Operations Analysts-- Pension receives on-the-job training in calculating actual retirement benefits, including death benefits and disability retirement benefits.
- Provide active support to the Pensions department's objective by meeting or exceeding assigned goals and tasks.
- Gather, analyze and perform basic estimates and calculations in both PeopleSoft Pension module and on spreadsheet applications.
- Review applications and paperwork submitted by DB Plan members for completeness; contact member if additional information is required.
- Provide retirement application and related paperwork to members.
- Gather forms, scans, and track status; Participate in document management functions as necessary.
- Enter transactions in PeopleSoft and the service request management tool.
- Enter data to PeopleSoft Pension module as assigned.
- Calculate prior and military service applications.
- Retrieve and review scanned documents and forms.
- Provide excellent customer service by receiving, analyzing, researching, and seeking to resolve issues and providing timely responses to members.
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the BSC and agency wide to resolve basic issues as assigned.
- Understand when to resolve or escalate and issue to supervisor.
- Perform / support cyclical processing and period-end activities as assigned.
- Complete filing and reviewing of pension documents/paperwork as assigned.
- Mail functions as assigned, deliver to and pick up from BSC mail room.
- Respond to service requests as assigned.
- Complete all assignments as delegated.
- Comply with MTA and BSC policies, practices and procedures.
- Support project activities including: requirements gathering, functional design & configuration, testing, training design, development & delivery, post production support.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
Individual and Team Responsibilities
- Understand the MTA and BSC vision including how individual responsibilities fit into the long-term strategies.
- Track and report status of work.
- Maintain appropriate level of process, functional and technical knowledge and participate in training to continue to develop such knowledge.
- Support other team members as appropriate.
Service Management Responsibilities
- Ensure that all assignments are completed accurately and with the highest quality and within agreed-to Service Level Agreement guidelines and Key Performance Indicator targets.
- Identify and recommend continuous improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Participate in user groups as necessary.
- Possess work experience in pensions or pension related field.
- Mathematical and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft pension module or related database software.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to assess problems and promptly resolve or identify Pension staff to appropriately resolve.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and collaborate throughout the BSC at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage individual assignments
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Understanding of MTA Defined Benefit Pension Plan articles, policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with performance metrics and ability to meet identified targets.
- Working knowledge of service request management tools.
- Working knowledge and use of office productivity tools (e.g., GroupWise, MS Office applications).
Education and Experience
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED and three (3) years of experience processing pension calculations; or a College degree in a related field, required.
- Bachelor's degree or Associates degree and relevant experience in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, Business or related field, preferred.
- Shared Services experience, preferred.
This is a resume based position in the collective bargaining unit represented by the Transportation Communications Union (TCU)
Annual Salary Range:
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commisssion on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the "Commission").
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.