JOB TITLE: Operations Analyst-Benefits
SALARY RANGE: $45,125- $75,208
DEPT/DIV: Business Service Center-Business Operations
SUPERVISOR: HR Systems Manager
LOCATION: 333 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001
HOURS OF WORK: 8 Hours per day
DEADLINE: Until filled
**This position is represented by the Transportation Communications Union (TCU)
This position will administer and support the activities and process transactions for the Human Resources Employee Benefits area.
- Gather, validate and maintain data, forms and other transaction inputs and track status
- Enter transactions in PeopleSoft and the service request management tool
- Retrieve, index and review scanned documents and forms
- Provide satisfactory customer service by receiving, analyzing, researching and seeking resolution to assigned inquiries. Understand when to escalate issue to a supervisor.
- Integrate across BSC teams to document, research and resolve basic issues and errors as assigned.
- Perform / support cyclical processing and period end activities
- Complete assignments as delegated by supervisor
- Develop and update operating procedures and training materials as needed
- Understand the MTA and BSC vision including how individual responsibilities fit into the long-term strategies
- Track and report status of work. Comply with MTA and BSC policies, practices, and procedures
- Maintain appropriate level of process, functional and technical knowledge and participate in training to continue to develop such knowledge
- Support other team members as appropriate
- Ensure that all assignments are completed with the highest quality and within Service Level Agreement guidelines and Key Performance Indicator targets
- Adhere to team budget
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives as assigned, participate in user groups as necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge and use of PeopleSoft or related database software
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to process requests consistently with general supervision
- Ability to assess problems and promptly resolve or identify appropriate team to resolve
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and collaborate across the BSC at all levels within and outside the organization
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage individual assignments
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Understanding of MTA HR policies and procedures
- Familiarity with performance metrics and ability to meet identified targets
- Working knowledge of service request management tools
Working knowledge and use of office productivity tools (e.g., MS Outlook, MS Office applications) and web-based applications
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED and minimum 1 year work experience in benefits or a related field.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or Associates degree with relevant experience in Business or related field. An equivalent combination of education and related experience will be considered.
- Shared Services experience
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified employees can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS HOME page or the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
For instructions on completing the online application, go to the MTA intranet site and click on the PeopleSoft Information hyperlink. From there select the User Guides hyperlink to gain access to the "Viewing/Applying for Jobs On Line" guide under the Recruiting section of the page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.