Description Job Title: Lead- ATS-A/CBTC Support (Night) Salary Range: $105,818 - $148,145 HAT: 775 Dept/Div: Data Center Operations Supervisor: Director, Data Center Operations Location:2 Broadway and other locations as required Hours of Work:12 midnight to 8:30am (7.5 hours/day) or as required.
This position is eligible for telework which is currently two days per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
The RCC is a highly secure facility that houses the mission-critical systems that control the subways in New York City. These RCC systems provide train control, indicates train location to and from the subway signal systems, real-time monitoring systems, status board displays, radio and network communication systems, and allows the Department of Subways to provide safe and efficient service to the riding public. The ATS-A/CBTC Support position is responsible for managing the night shift and assisting in the RCC & PCC Operations Support with, mission - critical functions and services at the Rail Control Center, Backup Command Center, ATS/A Training Facility, CBTC Training Facility, 63rd Street (Queensboro Plaza), and more than 30 field locations spanning the five boroughs of NYC.
The ATS-A/CBTC Support position is responsible for providing management and highly available Data Center services that align with the MTA's business strategies and goals. These critical systems will provide automated control for the Department of Subways operation of the Rapid Transit Rail System and efficient operation of the subway system which rely on the performance of this mission critical center.
The ATS-A/CBTC Support position is responsible for directing the following core functions: 1) 24/7/365 technical support and monitoring of all mission-critical systems, 2) Help Desk and back office support, 3) Data Center Operations, including management and oversight of servers (UNIX, Linux, Windows,), storage, backups and restores and facilities management, 4) Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, 5) Data Center Operations Administration (Asset Management, Project Management, Capacity Planning, Data Center technology design and implementation, Vendor/Contract Negotiations and Management), 6) Provisioning, 7) Budget development and tracking, 8) Coordination of all the support responders required to identify and resolve problems and communicate to keep the resolution process active, 9) Maintaining ongoing documentation including Visio diagrams, standard operating procedures, policies, regulatory compliance, audit findings and action taken, statistical reporting (for SLA's and monthly management report), 10) Training program and tracking including Disaster Recovery Drills with Department of Subways, 11) Asset Management and tracking Data Center SOGR.
This position is responsible for directing definition acceptance, testing, operations, administration, and maintenance of mission critical communications and control systems for the existing Department of Subways Rail Control Center and new Backup Control Center. This position will have responsibility for the configuration, operations and effective functioning of these systems (including safety critical databases), which will number approximately 13. In addition, The Manager, ATS-A/CBTC Support will:
- Evaluate the organization and performance of Control Center systems and develop plans for new systems and work groups to meet needs.
- Define, review and approve operating requirements, specifications and system designs for new systems and additions to existing systems. This includes evaluating screen layouts, screen navigation and user interfaces for acceptability and then recommending improvements.
- Manage the day to day administration and configuration management (synchronization of databases to incorporate different versions) of software for all critical Rail Control applications.
- Manage hardware and software upgrades, conduct acceptance testing and, incorporating new systems as they are added to the control center.
- Ensure that Rail Control Center Staff receive adequate user support and successfully troubleshoot problems which will inevitably arise.
- Assists in strategic short and long-term, RCC Data Center Operations technology needs and develops hardware acquisition and integration requirements, which will ensure Data Center capacity, resiliency, stability, redundancy and availability to meet business demands
- Enforces policies and standard operating procedures to ensure the protection of the RCC IT assets
- Develop and improve, policies and standard operating procedures (SOP) and recovery plan, to recover from system failures
- Manage the implementation of these policies, SOP's and recovery plans for the systems during incidents and failures.
- Participate, coordinate and work with MTA IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Unit, in conjunction with the MTA Auditors and the Department of Subways to ensure that the Backup Command Center is available to assume control of Rail Control Center Operations in the event that personnel or "Force Majeure" renders the RCC inoperable.
- Provides weekly, monthly and annual performance targets to show progress on meeting program and operational goals
- Maintains contact with key IT suppliers and maintains knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices, and terms of agreements.
- The Manager will ensure that all mission-critical systems are compliant in according to best practices.
- Experience managing a 24/7/365 combined workforce of managerial and professional technical employees.
- Knowledge of audit, legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to areas supervised.
- Exceptional verbal/written/presentation communications skills.
- Ability to easily adapt to the constantly changing needs and demands of the Business Departments
- Strong Change Management experience and delivery
- Knowledge of team development skills, developing high performing teams
- Knowledge of IT architecture/technology planning and business operations, with a wide ranging knowledge of technology information systems infrastructure and use, i.e., servers, storage, software, networks, data centers, facilities, power, cooling, personal computing and key suppliers in these areas
- Extensive experience in Project/Program Management principles, standards with process drive and deliver Results
- Experience managing activities with major technology suppliers such as Microsoft, IBM, HP, Dell, Verizon, Oracle/Sun, Symantec, etc.
- Must be an Analytical and strategic thinker
- Ability to write and review technical IT specifications, documentation, and Scopes of Work for MTA-IT
- Must be able to act as a technical advisor for the MTA IT department on CPM funded projects such as CBTC Flushing and ISIM-B
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Finance or Information Services (or the equivalent of education and progressive responsible experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of Information Technology experience with at least 3 years of progressive IT managerial/supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of IT experience in a managerial/project leader capacity working on Automatic Train Supervision, Computer Based Train Control and Public Address/Customer Information projects and systems.
- 3 or more years of operations experience is essential, preferably in IT planning and supporting strategic business goals.
Please be advised that pursuant to MTA Code of Ethics and New York State Ethics Law, you have been designated as a policy maker. Therefore, you will be required to file an annual financial disclosure statement with the Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government. The Commission will notify you of this filing requirement via your work email. Upon receipt of notification from the Commission you will have 30 days to complete your financial disclosure statement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.