JOB TITLE: Product Director, Portfolio Orchestrator
SALARY RANGE: $122 - $172,007
DEPT/DIV: MTA IT / Enterprise Product Management
SUPERVISOR: Chief, Enterprise Product Management
LOCATION: 2 Broadway, New York, NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 AM -5:30 PM (7.5 hours) or as required.
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
The purpose of this position is to ensure that the Product Category Portfolio Team has clarity of capacity and demand, and visibility into the financial capacity related targets and how they are executing against them. This role will act as the escalation point for delivery issues or resolving dependencies that affect multiple teams and that need resolution by the Product Category Team and ensure that the portfolio decisions are in alignment with the strategy, budgets and financial guidelines, with the Product Orchestrators utilizing the ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) correctly to enable metrics.Responsibilities
Ensure that there is an understanding of the throughput and cycle time for both Epics and Features.
Ensure that the Product Category Portfolio Team has visibility into the financial capacity related targets and how they are executing against them.
Ensure with the Product Orchestrators that the ALM is being used correctly to enable metrics.
Align Team Processes with the organization's governance model and industry best practices.
Assist in Portfolio Team Assessments and ensures they are completed on a regular cadence.
Actively capture and manage risks, impediments, dependencies, and assumptions with the Product Category Portfolio Team and focus on reducing impact early and often.
Coordinate day-to-day activities of the Product Category Portfolio Team.
Create and write Epics and Features with a clear connection to the strategic vision with success criteria that reinforces that connection.
Align solutions decisions with the strategic vision and reduce organizational risk in a manner to maintain alignment with strategy, budget, and financial guidelines.
Ensure that the Product Category Portfolio Team has visibility into the budget and financial targets and how they are executing against them.
Have a primary escalation point for Product Orchestrators.
Orchestrate Portfolio Team System of Delivery (SoD) communications.
Ensure that issues are communicated to, managed, and resolved by the Product Category Portfolio Team.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Experience developing solutions and performing work using agile principles. Experience visualizing processes and requirements for developer consumption.
- Experienced working with agile management tools such as Jira, Kanban Board, Confluence, Teams, etc.
- Experience/knowledge with Agile methodologies (Lean, DevOps, Scrum).
- Must have ability to work in rapidly changing environments.
- Excellent communication, presentation creation and delivery skills (MS PowerPoint) with the ability to communicate with a broad set of constituencies, both technical and non-technical.
- Proven experience/involvement on successful development projects involving cross functional teams.
- Ability to direct and inspire team members by enabling individual success through direction and mentorship.
- Resource deployment experience is a plus; allocating resources by anticipating project demands, evaluating priorities, and efficient time management to fulfill objectives.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Business Administration, Engineering, Finance, and Information Services (or the equivalent of education and progressive responsible experience) plus a minimum of 12 years of Information Technology experience with at least 6 years of progressive IT managerial experience.
Please be advised that pursuant to MTA Code of Ethics and New York State Ethics Law, you have been designated as a policy maker. Therefore, you will be required to file an annual financial disclosure statement with the Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government. The Commission will notify you of this filing requirement via your work email. Upon receipt of notification from the Commission you will have 30 days to complete your financial disclosure statement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.