JOB TITLE: Asst. Manager, Regulatory Compliance Training & Communications
SALARY RANGE: $73,914 - $97,012
HAY POINTS: 479
DEPT/DIV: Organizational Design and Development
SUPERVISOR: Director, Regulatory Compliance Training and Communications
LOCATION: 2 Broadway New York, NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
The Assistant Manager will support the Director of Regulatory Compliance Training and Communications by aiding in the process, tracking and equitable benchmarks for the Organizational Design and Development Center of Excellence, in order to help ensure compliance and deployment of training across the agencies. In addition, the incumbent will research and track current industry trends along with new regulations in order to analyze their impact on the MTA. The incumbent will collaborate with internal HR stakeholders to appropriately assess current and future compliance structures and will support the director in finalizing process improvements.
- As directed by the director, prepare and submit compliance reports and perform internal, departmental (ODD) audits on the effectiveness of MTA compliance policies. Collect and maintain files of investigation results and/or complaints.
- Provide continuous research that will support the director in finalizing departmental impact based upon current industry trends and new regulations.
- Manage and maintain updates (edits and additions) to the organizational and departmental reporting systems.
- Facilitate the NYS mandated training in person and/or virtually to all MTA employees required to take mandatory training.
- Schedule, update training material, and aid in the facilitation of regular training sessions for employees that aligns to communicating key regulatory changes and updates.
- Create and manage a regulatory check list that ensures development activities are aligned to agency regulations and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all internal levels within a given organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact well with external agencies. External agencies may include the Governor’s Office for New York State, New York City government, elected and other public officials, as well as any staff located at other federal or state agencies or authorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high-profile, high-pressure environment effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with key internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to complete short- and long-term projects effectively and as efficiently as possible.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or comparable applications, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Transportation, Public Policy or a related field or an equivalent combination of education from an accredited college and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree; and
- Minimum 3 years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience with building strong relationships across an organization.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of Corporate Compliance programs especially internal control standards, corporate governance practices and ethics programs.
- Prior experience working in a large, multi-faceted, fast-paced organization or governmental body.
- Familiarity with the MTA’s policies and procedures
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
HOW TO APPLY:
MTA employees must apply via My MTA Portal. You can submit an online application by logging into My MTA Portal, clicking the My Job Search ribbon, and selecting the “Careers” link.
Logging in through My MTA Portal will link your BSC ID number to your job application to identify you as an internal applicant.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.