Title: Electrolysis Tester
Post Date: 5/5/2023
Close Date: Until Filled
Hay Point Evaluation: N/A
100 % Hourly Rate of Pay: $42.31 (See Wage Progression Chart)
Position Classification: Safety Sensitive
Reports To: Foreman
This position will be responsible for the testing/maintenance of Electric Traction cables located on the right of way, troubleshooting of electrically operated switches/control circuits, testing of high voltage gloves and blankets, maintenance of cathodic protection installations, and locating of underground utilities.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Daily meggering of traction power cables
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting on electrically operated switches and their respective circuits.
- Perform inspections/maintenance on existing cathodic and corrosion controls.
- Test the integrity of HV gloves and blankets.
- Locate underground utilities utilizing testing equipment (Mark-outs).
- Investigate stray current issues.
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent (GED or TASC) approved by a State's Department of Education or recognized accredited organization.
- Must meet one of the two criteria below:
- Formal Electrical Training AND a minimum of two years’ experience performing electrical Installations.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience performing electrical installations.
- Understanding of basic electrical theory and relay/control circuits.
- Experience in electrical testing of electrical devices (motorized switches).
- Experience in the location of underground Utilities and Structures (Mark-outs).
- Experience in Corrosion Control.
- Thorough understanding of Safety Practices.
- Ability to lift a 70-lb. piece of material/equipment.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Codes and the ability to read and work from blueprints is required.
- Must obtain a passing grade in a written and practical test.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- NACE Certification.
- Experience working on the Railroad Right-of-Way (ROW).
- Certification from a Testing authority.
- Experience in Cathodic/Corrosion control protective systems.
Pay Benefits and Work Schedule
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent, comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Full Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care
- Life Insurance
- Comprehensive Sick Leave Benefits
- Deferred Compensation
- Vacation/Personal Leave Days
- Transportation Pass Privileges
- Pension Plan
- In-house training seminars
- 70% - 1st 240 days of compensated service ($29.62)
- 70% - 2nd 240 days of compensated service ($29.62)
- 75% - 3rd 240 days of compensated service ($31.73)
- 80% - 4th 240 days of compensated service ($33.85)
- 90% - 5th 240 days of compensated service ($38.08)
- 90% - 6th 240 days of compensated service ($38.08)
- 95% - 7th 240 days of compensated service ($40.19)
- 100% - After 1,680 days of compensated service ($42.31)
Internal Transfers hired prior to 9/24/2014
- 70% - 1st 240 days of compensated time ($29.62)
- 75% - 2nd 240 days of compensated time ($31.73)
- 80% - 3rd 240 days of compensated time ($33.85)
- 90% - 4th 240 days of compensated time ($38.08)
- 95% - 5th 240 days of compensated time ($40.19)
- 100% - After 1,200 days of compensated time ($42.31)
Standard Information – LIRR
In addition to meeting the minimum requirements of the position, the selection process may include, but is not limited to a pre-screening assessment (i.e., physical, written and/ or practical evaluation) and interview. Candidates forfeit further consideration in the process if they fail to participate in any step of the process when scheduled. Make up dates/times will not be given. In addition, LIRR employee applicants must be in their current position for the 12 months immediately preceding the close date of this posting and must possess a satisfactory work history, including attendance and discipline record. A record of more than ten sick days without medical documentation in two of the last three years is considered unsatisfactory attendance. Not all qualified applicants are guaranteed an interview due to the competitive selection process. A background investigation, medical examination, and safety sensitive drug/alcohol test may also be required.
How to Apply
V9 How to Apply - External Applicants
MTA employees must apply via My MTA Portal. You can submit an online application by logging into My MTA Portal, clicking the My Job Search ribbon, and selecting the “Careers” link. Logging in through My MTA Portal will link your BSC ID number to your job application to identify you as an internal applicant.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LIRR EEO STATEMENT
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.