JOB TITLE: Director, HR Process Innovation
SALARY RANGE: $106,332 - $139,561
HAY POINTS: 830
DEPT/DIV: People Department
SUPERVISOR: Chief of Staff - People
LOCATION: 2 Broadway, New York NY 10004
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Open until filled
This position is eligible for telework which is currently one day per week. New hires are eligible to apply 30 days after their effective date of hire.
The Director, HR Process Innovation is responsible for assessing the stability and sustainability of all current HR processes and optimizing them as well as developing future processes. This includes the accountability to execute specific initiatives and collaborate with stakeholders across all MTA Agencies and organizational areas; ensuring business processes conform to the organization’s long-term business strategy and collaborating with different departments so processes work in harmony.
- Independently assess current business processes, identify capability gaps, gain HR-business-IT alignment, develop future state strategy & solution vision.
- Responsible for partnering with cross-functional partners to drive the creation, documentation, and / or evolution of HR processes across various functional areas.
- Proactively leads collaborative efforts across business groups, functional teams, at multiple levels. Accountable to provide the stable foundation for procedures & processes that will enable the execution of HR Operations & Analytics goals.
- Provides strategic communication, problem solving, risk management, facilitating meetings, and ensuring quality control are elements.
- Acts as a senior Project Manager for the Deputy Chief and improves business processes through tools, metrics, and dashboard reporting to enable decision making.
- Responsible for partnering with cross-functional teams to drive the planning, executing, and auditing of HR processes that enable efficiencies and accountability for all business process and MTA procedures.
- Selects, develops, and motivates personnel within the department. Provide career development for subordinates. Provide prompt and effective coaching and counseling. Responsible for discipline/termination of employees when necessary. Review performance of staff. Create a professional environment that respects individual differences and enables all employees to develop and contribute to their full potential.
- Strong executive and emotional presence to inspire and influence change across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have knowledge of Business Processes, Processes Mapping, Process Optimization.
- Must have knowledge of improving the execution for organizations via systems improvement, analytical analysis, and strategy.
- Ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments synthesizing multiple points of view and influencing leaders and peers to execute a coherent action plan. Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is a genuinely collaborative team player
- Able to understand operational needs and work with data to identify trends and develop solutions.
- Ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments synthesizing multiple points of view and influencing leaders and peers to execute a coherent action plan.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is a genuinely collaborative team player
- Ability to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing strategic orientation and operational efficiency to ensure we deliver what is “right” for the customer, internal and external
- Comfortable working with data and making data-driven decisions.
- Ability to think both creatively and critically, willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo
- Prior experience with business process workflows and cross organizational change management with one or more common enterprise software solutions like BPMN, Salesforce, Service Cloud, & or ZenDesk
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all internal levels within a given organization, including the MTA Board.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact well with external agencies. External agencies may include the Governor’s Office for New York State, New York City government, elected and other public officials, as well as any staff located at other federal or state agencies or authorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high-profile, high-pressure environment effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with key internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Must have strong managerial skills to effectively direct a staff of professional and technical employees in implementing the short- and long-term goals and direction for the area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to complete short- and long-term projects effectively and as efficiently as possible.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or comparable applications, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management, Business or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from an accredited college may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 10 years related experience, including at least 4 years in a management consulting role; 3 years of experience in systems implementation, deployment (with business/domain focus) data management and/or HR program management; 3 years of experience leading and influencing clients and project teams on technology and data management strategy, and/or leadership role in a large, multi-faceted, fast-paced organization or governmental body preferred.
- Master’s degree in Strategic Operations, Industrial and Labor Relations, HR Management, or related field.
- Strong preference for past roles in HR management/strategy consulting, general corporate strategy, business operations, or systems operations.
- Attainment of or in the process of attaining specific Business Process certification(s) such as Six Sigma
- Familiarity with the MTA’s policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with the MTA’s collective bargaining procedures.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
HOW TO APPLY:
MTA employees must apply via My MTA Portal. You can submit an online application by logging into My MTA Portal, clicking the My Job Search ribbon, and selecting the “Careers” link.
Logging in through My MTA Portal will link your BSC ID number to your job application to identify you as an internal applicant.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.