Title: Superintendent, Track (Requisition ID: 724)
First Date of Posting: 11/21/2023
Last Date of Filing: 12/12/2023
Division/Unit: MOW- Track
Reports to: General Superintendent, Track
Work Location: Various
Hours of Work: Managerial
Salary: $88,539 (min) - $139,949 (max)
Grade D/594 points
UTLO rate: $131,500
The selected candidate will be accountable and responsible for providing managerial direction and coordinating activities related to track maintenance and/or construction in specified geographic areas to ensure safe and reliable service is maintained. The Superintendents assigned to SAP Program will be responsible for ensuring the milestones and metrics established for the program are adhered to. All Superintendents will provide timely coordination and implementation of safety procedures. Disseminates and implements policy changes and modifications and provides administrative support. May be required to assist as needed and liaise with upper management. Oversees subordinates and performs duties that may include developing cost estimates, coordinating general orders, providing necessary round-the-clock inspections. Assist Senior Management in strategic planning. Selected candidates will develop new initiatives, measure project performance using appropriate information technology applications, systems and established processes as well as communicate project scope, schedule, and budget with upper managers and contractors. Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the General Superintendent in their absence. The candidate must be willing to work all tours, weekends, holidays and respond to emergency situations 24/7 and be prepared to walk the underground or elevated tracks.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma and six (6) years of full-time related experience, and three (3) years must have been in a managerial/supervisory capacity; Or
A satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or Engineering is preferred.
- Knowledge of Transit operations with respect to trades that relate to Third Rail system maintenance, track and infrastructure maintenance and construction, railroad industry safety standards, material procurement and labor contracts.
- Extensive experience in the repair, testing, maintenance, reconstruction, rehabilitation and installation of Track and Third Rail components.
- Ability to schedule track outages (GO’s) with work train usage and power removal.
- Capability of estimating with respect to manpower and material support of operating capital work and providing required tooling and equipment.
- Knowledge of all safety rules and work practices.
- Must be knowledgeable of the EAM System.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience, and interview.
All appointments, with the exception of the Department of Subways employees on MABSTOA payroll, will be made on the NYCT payroll.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.