JOB TITLE: Sourcing Manager TC
SALARY RANGE: $82,411 - $108,165
HAY POINTS: 571
DEPT/DIV: MTA BSC Procurement Department
SUPERVISOR: Director Sourcing
LOCATION: 333 W. 34th Street, 10th Floor
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00am - 5:30pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
***This position is technically covered by the Transportation Communication Union (TCU)***
Ensures execution of the overall sourcing strategies, methodologies, and organizational management of the Sourcing team tasked with addressing stakeholder demand across all Agencies in line with overall business objectives while also supporting category management methodologies. Utilizes demand management to control and track business unit requirements, engage in supplier management, address external spending factors, arrange purchase orders, and eradicate waste. Executes RFP works, distributes procurement requirements to Sourcing personnel and drives performance measurement, analysis and tracking of target achievements for the group. Key departmental escalation path for MTA stakeholders. Participates in Sourcing group recruiting, staff development, and performance appraisal.
- Leads sourcing team for key categories with responsibility for processing mid to high-level requisitions using RFP market strategies for goods and services assigned.
- Identifies approved buying channel strategies and directs staff accordingly to ensure optimal value capture from defined processes.
- Drives the strategic direction for Sourcing teams, including implementation, supervision and management of goals related to sourcing activities.
- Adheres to action plans to achieve strategic targets, monitors progress, and helps to modify plans as necessary to achieve KPI objectives.
- Ensures the observance of compliance to standards, policies and procedures including contributing to the development of RFP standards and procedures.
- Ensures purchasing competitiveness at an Agency level.
- Aligns budget and financial planning for Sourcing with the Director, Sourcing.
- Participates in supplier performance reviews to improve, or maintain, timely and issue-free delivery of products and services.
- Manages critical business relationship with external suppliers and business stakeholders, including policy interpretation and guidance to stakeholders and contractors.
- Manages issue escalations for all Sourcing activities.
- Collaborates with the Legal Department regarding legal and contractual issues and/or litigation by providing information, documentation, and depositions, as required.
- Prepares materials for Federal Triennial Audits, as required.
- Achieves savings and value creation for requisitions attributed to RFPs.
- Meets agreed upon stakeholder requirements.
- Achieves diversity spend targets.
- Sources events planned versus executed.
- Achieves Group operations excellence.
- Achieves Group competency improvement.
- Delegates assignments, manages team to prioritize objectives and lead them to completion.
- Responsible for recruiting, development, and performance appraisal of assigned staff.
- Supply chain management, RFP market strategies, contract writing, negotiations, contract administration.
- Knowledge of best practice procure-to-pay processes, related policies, procedures, and risks, with ability to apply understanding to daily work.
- Knowledge of MTA objectives and operations.
- Strong collaboration skills with ability to build effective relationships, as well as influence peers, customers, business partners and staff.
- Strong project management skills, ability to plan and track, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus, and motivate team members across multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to tailor messages to the given audience, present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong prioritization and organization skills, with ability to multitask in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Knowledge of ERP Purchasing applications and other procurement-related software.
- Excellent resource management skills with ability to develop and motivate all Sourcing teams.
- May need to work outside of normal work hours (i.e., evenings and weekends).
- Travel may be required to other MTA locations or other external sites.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement and Contract Management, or a related field from an accredited college is preferred or an equivalent combination of education from an accredited college and related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years progressive experience in commercial Sourcing or related commensurate experience including 5+ years of management experience which may be a combination of people and process management
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Familiarity with the MTA’s policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with the MTA’s collective bargaining procedures
As an employee of MTA Headquarters, you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $108,638 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.