POSTING NO.: 101868
JOB TITLE: Technical Supervisor
DEPT/DIV: Technical Support Group
LOCATION: Manhattan - Midtown
Full/Part Time: Full
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Metro-North Railroad reserves the right to remove this posting prior to the Application Deadline.
Salary: $79,548.00 - $104,407.00
MTA Metro-North Railroad is a dynamic organization, operating out of the jewel of New York City, Grand Central Terminal. We provide service to over 86.5 million customers, traveling in and out of New York and Connecticut. A subsidiary of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Metro-North Railroad is one of the busiest commuter railroads in the nation. MTA Metro-North Railroad strives to provide a safe and reliable commute, excellent customer service and rewarding opportunities to its employees.
This position is responsible for providing technical assistance to various maintenance facilities to ensure the safety, reliability and availability of the Metro-North Railroad rolling stock fleet. Technical services include: Electrical, Mechanical and analytical supports. This position is also responsible for supervising various agreement technicians who provide technical assistance to shop personnel.
Provide troubleshooting & analytical skills for all types of self-propelled EMU and coach equipment.
Ensure that all equipment released for service meets all Federal regulations and standards set by Metro-North.
Supervise test train activities to qualify and evaluate equipment performance.
Protect service of revenue equipment to ensure reliability and performance standards.
Maintain documentation of repairs made to and defects found on equipment.
Instruct shop and field personnel in the troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
Supervise non-agreement personnel and assist with administrative activities.
Provide research and administrative support for the development and implementation of PPM activities.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management/planning skills.
- Excellent mechanical skills/abilities.
- Must have sufficient technical competence to diagnose electrical/electronic devices to the component level.
- Working knowledge of micro-processor-based systems and applicable diagnostic software/applications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Working knowledge of equipment maintenance operations, inspection forms, and inspection procedures.
- Working knowledge of test and diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to work various shifts and locations as assigned to support a 24-hours/ 7 days a week operation.
- Will be on call and respond to emergencies as required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. Demonstrated equivalent experience, education and/or technical credentials to include two (2) additional years of related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in repairing/diagnosing electric EMU and/or Coach equipment.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working on air brakes and related systems.
- This is a federally regulated position subject to both pre-employment and continuous random toxicological screening.
- As an employee of Metro-North Railroad you may be required to complete a New York State financial disclosure statement, if you earn more than $108,638.00 or if you hold a position designated as a policy maker.
- Employees driving company vehicles must complete defensive driver training once every three years for current MNR drivers; or within 180 days of hire or transfer for an employee entering an authorized driving position.
Due to the competitive nature of the selection process, not all qualified candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position are guaranteed an interview. To be selected for a position, one must meet the following criteria: (1) satisfy the minimum requirements listed in the job posting, (2) if applicable, successfully pass a written and practical exam, (3) satisfy a background investigation (including but not limited to, employment, education, and criminal history), and (4) pass a verbal interview. Metro-North may also require the applicant to undergo a physical ability test, and, if the Company extends a conditional offer, may require him or her to undergo a medical examination, which may include toxicological testing. Failure to pass any step within the hiring process will result in the disqualification of your application.
Additional Criteria for Current Employees: Current Metro-North employees must be in active service to be eligible for consideration. Agreement Employees applying for a position outside of their present craft are required to have worked in your current union for at least one (1) year preceding the Application Deadline to be eligible to apply for a posted position, and have completed the agreed upon formal training commitment, including on-the-job training or lock-in requirement, if applicable (for example: Signal Trainee, Foreman-In-Training, etc.). If you are transferring to another craft, you may be required to forfeit your seniority in your present union. Non-agreement employees must have worked in your current position for a minimum of one (1) year preceding the Application Deadline. Along with a background investigation (including but not limited to, employment, education, and criminal history), employees are also subject to an internal investigation, which includes an evaluation not limited to discipline records and performance assessments.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If interested, please apply online at www.mta.info
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS HOME page or the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
For instructions on completing the online application, go to the MTA intranet site and click on the PeopleSoft Information hyperlink. From there select the User Guides hyperlink to gain access to the "Viewing/Applying for Jobs Online" guide under the Recruiting section of the page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.
MTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.