JOB TITLE: Physical Therapist Floating-NYCT, LIRR, MNT
SALARY RANGE: $66,910 - $105,040
DEPT/DIV: Occupational Health Services
SUPERVISOR: Deputy Medical Director
LOCATION: 420 Lexington Ave, NY *
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm (7 1/2 hours/day)
DEADLINE: Open until filled
This position will perform physical ability testing (PAT) for applicants and employees as part of the medical assessment process to determine ability to perform the physical functions of the job position. Assesses employees who have been prescribed physical therapy by their personal health professional for suitability of requested treatment plan. PAT may be performed at the medical assessment center or in field locations. Develop or update testing protocols as needed that are consistent with the physical demands of the positions. Maintains equipment and supplies necessary for these evaluations.
- Perform PAT determination of applicant qualification for position consistent with regulations, agency policies, standards and job descriptions. PAT results have a significant role in the hiring and work status decisions of the Deputy Medical Director and staff physicians for pre-placement, periodic and return-to-duty examinations
- Perform PAT qualifications for special employee duties such as fire brigade member
- Work with operational department staff to update PAT protocols to reflect current physical requirements of positions
- Evaluate employees who have physical therapy regimens prescribed by their health care providers for appropriateness of requested treatment
- On an as needed basis, may conduct “Back School” sessions to demonstrate and train on proper lifting/carrying techniques either at the medical assessment center or at field locations
- Maintenance of equipment and supplies needed for PAT
- Work with Deputy Medical Director and other clinical staff members as needed for medical review and quality assurance and audit activities
- Must have excellent clinical experience and judgment for accurate determinations of ability to perform the physical duties of positions. Must be able to work with operational personnel to develop PAT that is consistent with the actual physical requirements of positions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires baccalaureate degree in physical therapy from an accredited college and license to practice physical therapy in the State of New York. One to three years of clinical practice or satisfactory equivalent.
- Preferred clinical experience in an occupational setting.
Pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics, all employees who hold a policymaking position must file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure (FDS) with the NYS Commission on Ethics and Lobbying in Government (the “Commission”).
HOW TO APPLY:
MTA employees must apply via My MTA Portal. You can submit an online application by logging into My MTA Portal, clicking the My Job Search ribbon, and selecting the “Careers” link.
Logging in through My MTA Portal will link your BSC ID number to your job application to identify you as an internal applicant.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.